The conflict itself is neither good nor bad. It’s just a point in time to see what went the wrong way. The silence can be much more dangerous for your relations than any conflict. Today we will talk about the skills that are helpful in conflict management.
1. Communication. You should both talk the way you will be understood and hear what your partner is really saying (not what you thought he or she might be saying)
2. Focusing. Limit yourself to only a single issue at a time.
3. Avoiding extremes. Never say the word “never” or “always”.
4. Thinking big. Take a different perspective.
5. Getting to the root of the problem.
Need help to resolve relationship conflicts or you would like to learn better ways to communicate? Feel free to contact Rostyslav Shemechko.