The average person spends 147 minutes a day on social media. FOMO, or fear of missing out, isn’t a diagnosable psychological condition, but this phenomenon can directly impact mental and physical health. Some of the symptoms are closely connected to social media and include:
- Obsessively checking social media to see what others are doing
- Experiencing negative feelings when comparing one’s life to what others seem to be doing on social media
- Feeling mentally exhausted from social media
Other common causes include:
- Not understanding an inside joke others are laughing at
- Not being picked for a team
- Not being invited to an event
- Missing out on a good deal, such as a sale at a store you like
Would you like to know more about the ways to overcome it?
Stay tuned. For help or advice, you can schedule an appointment with Rostyslav Shemechko by calling 647-866-9061 or contacting him at email@example.com.