We feel safe when we can control and predict the situation and we feel stressed when the situation is out of our control, like the one with COVID-19.
We can’t totally control our life, but we can control our attitude to it. Bring some positive into your everyday routine. You just have to:
- find a resource in your own past. Do you remember what made you happy?
- fill your week with simple joys;
- practice gratitude. Do you have something to be grateful for?
- maintain a healthy sense of humor;
- stay in touch with loved ones, friends and relatives. Didn’t you forget to call your Mom?
- focus on the fact that you are still healthy;
- find your personal space. Do you have one?
Which item seems to be the hardest to practice? Feel free to write in the comments!