The bad news is that the best time to improve is always a few years ago; but the good news is that the next best time to improve is now!
While you are on quarantine with your Family, you can turn back to your honeymoon. However, such isolation can also become a catalyst for many conflicts.
Level up your communication skills and you’ll benefit in both cases.
Here are a few tips to try with your partner:
- Don’t hide skeletons in the closet and don’t sweep things under the carpet – just try to talk.
- Do not organize competitions about who was wrong more during your lives together – keep one dialogue for one problem.
- You should have time to talk and listen to each other, so make it happen.
- Try the 48-hour rule -tell your partner about things that make you angry, but only if you’re still hurt 48 hours later. If not, consider forgetting about them.
- Find the right time. This time comes when both you and your partner are calm and not distracted, stressed, or in a rush. Try to consider scheduling a time to talk, if one or both of you is really busy.
If you need to learn how to resolve relationship conflicts or find better ways to communicate with your partner, you can book a consultation with Rostyslav Shemechko. Services provided in English, Ukrainian, Russian, Polish, and Italian, on-line.