Right communication solves lots of problems, however, we often forget that it’s not only about talking but also about listening. Are you a good listener?
Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply. Do you feel the difference?
- Just listen. Set aside your devices and focus on what is said.
- Open the doors for their emotions.
- Let him or her finish. Don’t interrupt.
- Ask if you got the point, and let him or her correct you.
- Make an effort to see things from other person’s perspectives.
Good listeners enjoy better relationships because they fully understand what other people are saying. Would you like to level up your communication skills?